Friday, September 11, 2009

Day of Terror - Remembered

Today represents the 8th anniversary of that terrifying day when two planes flew into the Twin Towers in New York instantly killing thousands. Two other planes, which were hijacked, crashed in a field in Pennyslvania and also into the Pentagon. I saw the damage done to the Pentagon months later and Bryan witnessed "ground zero" when he was in New York a year later. I still get shivers up my spine and tears still come to my eyes when I remember back to that sad day when America, as we knew it, changed and where so many innocent lives were taken. This is a day I think we will always remember where we were when we heard, for the first time, about these attacks and it is something that will forever be imprinted in our hearts. We will never forget those who perished in these attacks even if they were not known personally to us, I still have heard their names read aloud on TV in their honor; nor will we forget the many men and women who are now fighting for our continued freedom.

No comments: